Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
The roomy interior of a wok allows you to gently sauté apple slices without crushing or breaking them. Serve with your favorite ice cream, whipped topping, or granola.
1. Heat wok over medium heat. Add almonds, and cook 2 to 3 minutes, or until toasted and golden brown, stirring constantly. Transfer almonds to plate.
2. Melt butter in wok over medium heat, then add cinnamon and vanilla. Reduce heat to medium-low, and add apples. Cook apples 10 minutes, or until softened, stirring frequently. Add raisins and maple syrup, increase heat to medium, and cook 3 to 5 minutes more, or until syrup thickens.
3. Divide apples among 4 bowls, and garnish with toasted almonds.
- Calories 496
- Carbohydrate Content 73 g
- Cholesterol Content 30 mg
- Fat Content 23 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 6 g
- Saturated Fat Content 8 g
- Sodium Content 8 mg
- Sugar Content 57 g