Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This French twist on buttermilk pancakes makes an elegant brunch or dessert offering. For casual gatherings, pass a platter of plain crêpes around the table, and cluster filling options (see suggestions, below) in the center so guests can choose their own.
1. Place all crêpe ingredients in blender; blend until no lumps remain. (Scrape down sides to incorporate all ingredients.) Let batter rest 1 hour, or cover and refrigerate overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 200°F. Coat large nonstick skillet with cooking spray; warm over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, whisk batter several times until consistency of heavy cream. If necessary, thin with up to 1/4 cup water.
3. Pour 1/4 cup batter into hot skillet. Lift skillet, and swirl batter around to coat bottom. Return to heat, and cook 3 to 4 minutes, until edges begin to brown and air bubbles form under center of crêpe.
4. Slide edge of spatula under and around sides of crêpe. Carefully flip over, and cook 2 to 3 minutes more, until browned. Transfer warm oven. Repeat with remaining batter.
5. If serving with a specific filling, spoon line of filling down middle of each crêpe, and roll or fold closed. Place 2 or 3 filled crêpes on each plate, and serve.
- Calories 276
- Carbohydrate Content 37 g
- Cholesterol Content 130 mg
- Fat Content 10 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 297 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g