For a satisfying light supper, serve a salad and a slice of whole-grain bread with a bowl of this sesame-flavored mash.
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces (2 cups)
- 1 1/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 1/2 Tbs. thawed frozen orange juice concentrate
- 2 tsp. toasted sesame seeds
- 1 tsp. reduced-sodium tamari
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 green onion, trimmed and thinly sliced
1. Bring squash and broth to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium, partially cover, and cook 12 minutes, or until squash is very tender and most of broth has been absorbed. Mash with potato masher until chunky-smooth. Transfer to serving bowl.
2. Whisk together orange juice concentrate, sesame seeds, tamari, sesame oil, and ginger in small bowl. Drizzle over squash, and garnish with green onion.
- Calories: 62
- Carbohydrate Content: 11 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 105 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g