This salad previews late fall flavors. To speed things up, look for peeled butternut squash cubes in your supermarket’s refrigerated section.
- 1 1/2 lb. butternut squash, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries, divided
- 2 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 1 10-oz. pkg. mixed baby greens
1. Steam butternut squash cubes 7 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Place 1/4 cup dried cranberries in bowl, and cover with boiling water. Steep 2 minutes, then drain. Transfer to blender with vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until very smooth.
3. Toast almond slivers in small skillet 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat, shaking pan often. Set aside.
4. Toss greens with dressing in large bowl. Top with warm squash, almonds, and remaining 1/4 cup cranberries.
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 173 mg
- Sugar Content: 15 g