Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This salad previews late fall flavors. To speed things up, look for peeled butternut squash cubes in your supermarket’s refrigerated section.
1. Steam butternut squash cubes 7 to 10 minutes, or until tender.
2. Place 1/4 cup dried cranberries in bowl, and cover with boiling water. Steep 2 minutes, then drain. Transfer to blender with vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, salt, and 1/4 cup water. Blend until very smooth.
3. Toast almond slivers in small skillet 3 to 5 minutes over medium heat, shaking pan often. Set aside.
4. Toss greens with dressing in large bowl. Top with warm squash, almonds, and remaining 1/4 cup cranberries.
- Calories 265
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 14 g
- Fiber Content 6 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 173 mg
- Sugar Content 15 g