- 2 12-oz. pkg. frozen butternut squash puree, thawed, or 4 cups fresh butternut squash puree
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. dried rubbed sage
- 1/2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 15 oz. part-skim ricotta cheese
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 8 short no-cook lasagna noodles (about 7x4 inches)
1. To make Fresh Butternut Squash Purée: Preheat oven to 400°F. Place 2 whole butternut squash (about 2 lb. each) on baking sheet, and bake, turning occasionally, about 1 hour, or until very tender when pierced with tip of paring knife. Let squash cool enough to handle.
2. Halve each squash lengthwise. Scoop out and discard seeds. Scrape flesh into food processor and purée until smooth.
3. To make Lasagna: Preheat oven to 400°F. Combine squash purée, 1 tsp. salt, sage, and ¼ tsp. pepper in medium bowl; mix well. Combine ricotta, ¼ cup Parmesan, ½ tsp. salt and ¼ tsp. pepper in second bowl, and mix well.
4. Coat 8x8-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Place 2 noodles in bottom of dish, overlapping slightly. Spread half of squash mixture over noodles. Layer 2 more noodles on top, and spread with half of ricotta mixture. Repeat layers—noodles, squash, noodles, ricotta—then sprinkle with remaining ¼ cup Parmesan.
5. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 45 minutes, remove foil, and bake 20 to 25 minutes more, or until golden on top. Let stand 5 to 10 minutes before serving.
- Calories: 265
- Carbohydrate Content: 34 g
- Cholesterol Content: 28 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 774 mg
- Sugar Content: 1 g