Pumpkin seeds add nutty flavor and a dash of green to this main dish salad.
- 1 lb. butternut squash, peeled and diced (2 cups)
- 2 cups diced, peeled jicama
- 1/2 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 3 Tbs. lime juice
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped cilantro
- 1 Tbs. pumpkin seed oil or olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 3/4 tsp. ground coriander
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- 3 Tbs. toasted pumpkin seeds
1. Steam squash in steamer 6 minutes, or until tender when pierced with tip of knife. Cool; transfer to salad bowl, and add jicama and avocado.
2. Whisk together lime juice, cilantro, oil, garlic, coriander, and cayenne in separate bowl. Pour over squash mixture, and gently toss to mix. Season with salt, if desired, and garnish with pumpkin seeds.
- Calories: 145
- Carbohydrate Content: 16 g
- Fat Content: 9 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 8 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g