This simple steamed broccoli gets dressed up with butter, garlic, parsley, and toasted almonds.
- 2 large heads broccoli, cut into florets
- 1/4 cup butter or trans fat–free margarine
- 4 cloves garlic, minced (4 tsp.)
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup toasted slivered almonds, optional
1. Steam broccoli 5 minutes in steamer, or until crisp-tender.
2. Meanwhile, melt butter in large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add garlic and pinch of salt, and cook 1 minute, or until garlic is fragrant. Stir in parsley and 2 Tbs. water. Add steamed broccoli, and toss to coat. Transfer to serving dish. Sprinkle with almonds (if using) just before serving.
- Calories: 86
- Carbohydrate Content: 7 g
- Cholesterol Content: 15 mg
- Fat Content: 6 g
- Fiber Content: 4 g
- Protein Content: 4 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 100 mg
- Sugar Content: 0.5 g