Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This very popular salad can often become a caloric trap to the unwary—and usually isn’t vegetarian because of anchovies in the dressing. This version strips away unwanted calories and fat, yet retains a full flavor.
1. Preheat oven to 375°F.
2. Place diced baguette on baking sheet, and bake until golden brown, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven.
3. Place tofu, honey, soy cheese, lemon juice, vinegar, mustard, garlic and capers in blender or food processor, and process. Season with salt and pepper.
4. To assemble salad, place lettuce in salad bowl. Add 1/4 cup croutons and half of dressing. Toss well to coat leaves evenly with dressing. Garnish with another 1/4 cup croutons. Serve immediately.
- Calories 110
- Carbohydrate Content 12 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 3 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0 g
- Sodium Content 210 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g