Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Literally “coffee from the pot,” this recipe offers a simple way to make coffee for a crowd, with a spiced twist that no one can resist.
1. Lightly crush cinnamon sticks, star anise, allspice, and cloves with mortar and pestle. Place in resealable plastic bag, and pound with rolling pin. Transfer to large saucepan, and add sugar and 8 cups water. Bring mixture to a boil, and simmer until sugar dissolves. Remove from heat, add coffee, and let steep 5 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, warm milk in small saucepan, and whisk until frothy.
3. Strain coffee through fine sieve or coffee filter into pitcher. Stir in coffee liqueur (if using). Serve with frothed milk.
- Calories 80
- Carbohydrate Content 17 g
- Cholesterol Content 3 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 35 mg
- Sugar Content 16 g