- 1 6-oz. soy chorizo sausage,casing removed
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 5 green onions, chopped (1 cup)
- 2 celery stalks, halved lengthwise, thinly sliced (1/2 cup), plus celery leaves for garnish
- 1 4-inch fresh rosemary sprig
- 3/4 cup arborio rice
- 1/3 cup dry white vermouth
- 1 3/4 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1 Tbs. dried chopped onion
- 1 2/3 cups frozen sliced okra, thawed
- 1/2 cup drained, diced canned tomatoes
1 Coat medium skillet with cooking spray. Add soy chorizo; coat again with cooking spray. Cook over medium heat 5 minutes, or browned and in separate bits, mashing with fork. Transfer to bowl.
2 Add oil to skillet, then ½ cup green onions, celery, and rosemary; sauté over medium-high heat 2 minutes. Add rice; stir 1 minute. Add vermouth; stir 1 minute, or until absorbed. Add broth, dried onion, and 1 1⁄4 cups water. Bring to boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 15 minutes, or until rice is tender.
3 Stir in okra, tomatoes, soy chorizo, and remaining ½ cup green onions. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve garnished with celery leaves.
- Serving Size: 1 cup
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 42 g
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 10 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 504 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g