Lightly mashed chickpeas make a delicious scramble with satisfying texture.
- 3 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 24-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium red onion, thinly sliced (11/2 cups)
- 1 medium zucchini, sliced into thin half-moons (11/2 cups)
- 1 Tbs. Cajun spice blend, or more to taste
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh thyme, plus more for garnish
1. Mash chickpeas in medium bowl with fork.
2. Coat large skillet with cooking spray, and heat over medium-high heat. Add onion, and sauté 5 to 7 minutes. Add zucchini, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in chickpeas, Cajun spice, and thyme. Cook 5 minutes, adding up to 1/4 cup water if mixture seems too dry. Serve garnished with sprinkling of thyme.
- Calories: 231
- Carbohydrate Content: 40 g
- Fat Content: 4 g
- Fiber Content: 11 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 543 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g