Caldo verde, a soup of collard greens and potatoes that is a traditional favorite in Portugal, inspired this recipe. Soy sausage gives the filling a kick.
- 4 medium russet or Idaho potatoes, scrubbed and patted dry
- 4 cups thinly sliced collard greens (1 12-oz. bunch)
- 3 oz. Soyrizo soy sausage, crumbled or diced
- 1 small onion, finely diced (3/4 cup)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced (1 Tbs.)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat potatoes with olive oil cooking spray. Prick each potato a few times with fork. Bake on baking sheet 11/2 to 2 hours, or until tender.
2. Place collard greens in large bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand 2 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
3. Coat large skillet with olive oil cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add Soyrizo and onion, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, collard greens, and 1 cup water. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover, and cook 5 minutes more.
4. Split potatoes down center, and fluff flesh with fork. Fill each potato with 3/4 cup collard green mixture.
- Calories: 241
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 7 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 195 mg
- Sugar Content: 4 g