Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Caldo verde, a soup of collard greens and potatoes that is a traditional favorite in Portugal, inspired this recipe. Soy sausage gives the filling a kick.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Coat potatoes with olive oil cooking spray. Prick each potato a few times with fork. Bake on baking sheet 11/2 to 2 hours, or until tender.
2. Place collard greens in large bowl, and cover with boiling water. Let stand 2 minutes. Drain, and set aside.
3. Coat large skillet with olive oil cooking spray, and heat over medium heat. Add Soyrizo and onion, and cook 5 minutes. Stir in garlic, collard greens, and 1 cup water. Cover, and simmer 5 minutes. Uncover, and cook 5 minutes more.
4. Split potatoes down center, and fluff flesh with fork. Fill each potato with 3/4 cup collard green mixture.
- Calories 241
- Carbohydrate Content 44 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 5 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 195 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g