Fresh basil and tomatoes bring out the lighter side of Camembert.
- 8 slices rye or sourdough bread
- 8 tsp. melted butter, trans fat–free margarine, or olive oil, divided
- 6 oz. Camembert cheese, thinly sliced
- 2 large tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 cup large fresh basil leaves
1. Brush 4 slices bread with half of melted butter, and set butter side down on baking sheet.
2. Divide Camembert among bread slices on baking sheet. Top with tomato slices, then basil, and cover with remaining 4 slices bread. Brush sandwich tops with remaining melted butter.
3. Heat large skillet or griddle over medium-low heat. Cook sandwiches in skillet 4 minutes, or until browned and crisp. Flip, and cook 3 minutes more, or until second side is browned.
- Calories: 380
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 51 mg
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 12 g
- Sodium Content: 817 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g