Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Cava, the sparkling wine of Spain, lends brightness and tang to this special-occasion sorbet. Here, we call for cava brut, which is a dry variety, but you could also use seco or semi-seco wine for slightly sweeter results.
1. Whisk together sugar, honey, and 1/4 cup water in small saucepan; bring to a boil over medium heat. Cook 1 minute, or until sugar dissolves. Cool.
2. Purée cantaloupe with sugar syrup, cava, and lemon juice in blender until smooth.
3. Pour purée into ice cream maker, and freeze according to manufacturer’s instructions.
4. Pack sorbet into freezer container, and press plastic wrap or wax paper directly onto surface of sorbet. Cover, and freeze 2 hours,or until firm.
- Calories 141
- Carbohydrate Content 30 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 0.5 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 17 mg
- Sugar Content 28 g