Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This combination was a hit with the VT staff. A tablespoon of olive oil enhances the spicy-sweet flavor, but leave it out if you prefer a fat-free sorbet.
1. Stir together sugar and 3/4 cup water in saucepan. Bring to a boil, stirring to dissolve sugar. Remove from heat, and cool.
2. Purée cantaloupe cubes in food processor until smooth and no small pieces remain. Add sugar syrup, oil, salt, and pepper; pulse until combined.
3. Chill in refrigerator until cold, then churn in ice cream maker according to manufacturer’s directions. Transfer to 1-quart container, and freeze.
- Calories 115
- Carbohydrate Content 26 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 0.5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 86 mg
- Sugar Content 25 g