Toasted almonds are covered with salted caramel and then poured into a chocolate-lined tart crust. Serve tart in thin slivers on its own, or top with a small dollop of whipped crème fraîche.
- 1 1/4 cups plus 1 Tbs. all purpose flour
- 2 Tbs. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 stick unsalted butter, melted
- 2 oz. dark chocolate, finely chopped (scant 1/2 cup)
- 1 1/2 cups slivered almonds
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 Tbs. honey
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup plus 2 Tbs. sugar
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. To make Crust: Stir together flour, sugar, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in melted butter. Press dough into 10-inch tart pan with removable bottom. Prick dough on bottom and sides, and bake
20 to 25 minutes, or until pale golden brown. Sprinkle chocolate over Crust, and let stand 1 minute. Gently spread chocolate over bottom of tart with spatula. Cool, then chill 30 minutes.
3. To make Filling: Spread almonds on baking sheet, and toast in 350°F oven 15 minutes, or until fragrant and golden brown.
4. Heat cream, honey, and salt in small saucepan until hot. Remove from heat.
5. Stir together sugar and 1/4 cup water in medium saucepan, and bring to a boil over medium-high heat. Cook 10 minutes, or until sugar has caramelized to copper color. Remove from heat, and stir in warm cream mixture until smooth. (Place pot back on low heat if sugar is still hard.) Stir in toasted almonds. Spread Filling in Crust. Cool, then refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before slicing.
- Calories: 322
- Carbohydrate Content: 35 g
- Cholesterol Content: 29 mg
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 296 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g