Instead of making pancakes for Sunday supper, serve these dessert-like sandwiches that get their fiber from hearty walnut-raisin bread and their protein from a slathering of goat cheese.
- 1/2 Tbs. unsalted butter
- 1 crisp apple, such as Braeburn or Red Delicious, peeled and cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 1/2 Tbs. prepared caramel sauce
- 1/4 tsp. lemon juice
- 4 Tbs. soft goat cheese, divided
- 4 slices walnut-raisin bread, toasted
1. Melt butter in skillet over medium heat. Add apple, and cook 4 to 5 minutes on each side, or until browned. Stir in caramel sauce, lemon juice, and pumpkin pie spice. Remove from heat.
2. Spread 1 Tbs. goat cheese on each slice of walnut-raisin toast. Spoon apple mixture over top.
- Calories: 143
- Carbohydrate Content: 24 g
- Cholesterol Content: 8 mg
- Fat Content: 4.5 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2.5 g
- Sodium Content: 132 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g