Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Sweet, salty, and texturally pleasing thanks to the addition of hemp seeds, this snack is a superfood. You can pop your own popcorn for a fully homemade version, or use a store-bought brands—look for varieties that are organic and unsalted.
1. Preheat oven to 275°F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Place popcorn in large bowl. Drizzle with maple syrup and coconut oil, and toss by hand to coat popcorn.
3. Mix coconut sugar, 3 Tbs. hemp seeds, nutmeg, and salt in small bowl. Add mixture to popcorn, and toss well.
4. Transfer popcorn to prepared baking sheet, and lightly press together to form flat, unified layer. Sprinkle remaining 3 Tbs. hemp seeds on top, pressing lightly to stick. Bake 20 minutes. Cool until mixture hardens. Break apart, and store in airtight container.
- Calories 191
- Carbohydrate Content 24 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 9 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 102 mg
- Sugar Content 14 g