Marlene Ulisky, of Sebastian, Fla., loves making these bite-size appetizers for parties: “Once someone tastes them, they will be back for more!” To keep the baguette slices crisp, assemble just before guests arrive.
- 2 Tbs. olive oil
- 2 medium onions, thinly sliced (2 cups)
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 Tbs. brown sugar
- 1 Tbs. balsamic vinegar
- 24 1/4-inch-thick baguette slices
- 1 8-oz. pkg. mascarpone cheese
- 1 4-oz. log fresh goat cheese
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/3 cup raisins and/or cranberries
- 1 Tbs. honey, for drizzling
1 | Heat oil in medium skillet over medium-low heat, and add onions. Sauté 10 minutes, or until onions are translucent. Add salt, brown sugar, and balsamic vinegar, and cook, stirring often, 30 minutes, or until onions are browned and caramelized. Cool.
2 | Meanwhile, preheat oven to 325°F. Arrange baguette slices on baking sheet, and toast 8 minutes, or until lightly toasted.
3 | Stir together mascarpone cheese, goat cheese, and thyme in bowl.
4 | Spread each baguette slice with 1 Tbs. cheese mixture, then top with sautéed onions. Sprinkle with raisins, and drizzle with honey.
- Calories: 91
- Carbohydrate Content: 8 g
- Cholesterol Content: 14 mg
- Fat Content: 5 g
- Fiber Content: 0.5 g
- Protein Content: 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 115 mg
- Sugar Content: 3 g