The filling is equally good on any kind of sturdy bread or on premade pizza rounds. You may roast the vegetables up to two days ahead.
- 1 1/2 lb. winter squash, peeled and sliced very thin
- 1 large sweet onion such as Maui, Bermuda or Vidalia, sliced very thin
- 2 tsp. minced fresh rosemary, or 1 tsp. dried
- 1 tsp. dried crumbled sage
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. freshly ground coarse black pepper
- 6 Tbs. olive oil
- 1 tsp. mashed garlic
- 2 premade medium-sized pizza rounds
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 1/2 cups crumbled feta cheese
Preheat oven to 325F.
Place sliced squash and onion in baking dish, and toss with rosemary, sage, 1 teaspoon salt, 1 teaspoon pepper and 3 tablespoons olive oil to coat. Cover with foil or tight-fitting lid.
Bake about 1 hour, or until squash is tender and onions begin to caramelize. Remove from oven, and increase temperature to 375F.
Mix remaining olive oil with remaining salt, pepper and garlic. Brush each pizza with mixture. Sprinkle on Parmesan cheese, and top with caramelized squash and crumbled feta cheese.
Bake at 375 degrees 15 minutes to heat through. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Calories: 240
- Carbohydrate Content: 31 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 1220 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g