Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today and save 20%!.
- Melt butter in saucepan over medium heat. Add ginger, garlic, and cinnamon stick, and sauté 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Stir in rice, and sauté 2 minutes, or until rice grains are opaque.
- Add coconut milk, sugar, salt, lime zest, white pepper, and 3/4 cup water, and bring to a simmer. Stir once, cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer 15 minutes.
- Fluff rice with fork, cover, and let rest 5 minutes.
- Garnish with toasted coconut, if using.
- Calories 143
- Carbohydrate Content 20 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 0.5 g
- Protein Content 2 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 245 mg
- Sugar Content 1 g