Chickpeas, carrots, and feta come together in a tasty fritter accompanied by a refreshing and easy herbed yogurt sauce.
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 large egg
- 4 oz. crumbled feta cheese (1/2 cup)
- 2 medium carrots, finely chopped (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped (1/3 cup)
- 4 Tbs. chopped fresh dill, divided
- 2 Tbs. chickpea or garbanzo bean flour
- 3/4 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup 2% plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp. white wine vinegar
1. Preheat oven to 425°F. Coat rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray, or line with a silicone baking mat.
2. Pulse chickpeas, egg, and feta cheese in food processor until combined, and transfer to large bowl. Stir in carrots, onion, 2 Tbs. dill, chickpea flour, salt, and pepper.
3. Scoop mixture into Ping-Pong-ball-size spheres, flatten into patties, and place 1 inch apart on prepared baking sheet.
4. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, flipping fritters halfway through, or until lightly browned on both sides.
5. Meanwhile, stir together yogurt, vinegar, and remaining 2 Tbs. dill. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with fritters.
- Calories: 250
- Carbohydrate Content: 30 g
- Cholesterol Content: 50 mg
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 723 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g