With phyllo dough on hand, a homemade quiche crust takes only a few minutes to assemble—no rolling pin necessary! It’s also much lower in fat and calories than a traditional quiche crust.
1. Preheat oven to 350°F, and coat 9-inch pie pan with cooking spray.
2. Unroll phyllo, and keep under damp towel to retain moisture. Place 1 sheet phyllo on work surface, and coat with cooking spray. Top with second phyllo sheet, and coat with cooking spray. Repeat layering, coating last phyllo sheet with cooking spray. Press phyllo stack in prepared pie pan, sprayed-side down. Trim edges with scissors just to rim of pie pan.
3. Whisk eggs in large bowl. Whisk in ricotta and Parmesan. Fold in carrots, shallots, and parsley. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
4. Bake 30 minutes, or until crust is browned, and filling is set.
- Calories 152
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 84 mg
- Fat Content 6 g
- Fiber Content 1 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 3 g
- Sodium Content 288 mg
- Sugar Content 4 g