For a lovely color contrast, add cooked frozen peas before serving this dish. It’s delicious over rice or pasta.
- 1/3 cup slivered blanched almonds
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 roasted water-packed red bell pepper, rinsed
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 14.5-oz. can diced tomatoes, well drained
- 2 Tbs. red wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 red or yellow bell peppers, seeded, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large eggplant or 4 large portobello mushroom caps, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 large sweet onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 15.5-oz. can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
1. Preheat oven to 375F.
2. To make Romesco Sauce: Put almonds, garlic, roasted bell pepper, salt and cayenne pepper into blender or food processor; process until finely ground. Add remaining ingredients, and blend until thick and creamy.
3. To make Roasted Vegetables: Put vegetables in 9x13-inch baking dish; toss with oil, salt and pepper. Roast 30 minutes, or until tender.
4. Remove from oven. Turn vegetables, stir in chickpeas and return to oven to heat through, about 10 minutes. Drizzle with Romesco Sauce.
- Calories: 500
- Carbohydrate Content: 50 g
- Fat Content: 29 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 15 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 3 g
- Sodium Content: 760 mg
- Sugar Content: 13 g