30 minutes or fewer
This Indian-style favorite is fragrant with curry, fresh ginger and garlic. All you need on the side is a basket of warmed naan bread, or another flatbread, such as whole wheat pita.
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 1 1/4 cups thinly sliced onion (about 1 large)
- 2 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1 Tbs. mild curry powder
- 2 cloves garlic, minced (about 2 tsp.)
- 4 cups cauliflower florets
- 1 1/2 lb. round white or red potatoes (about 4 medium), peeled and cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned crushed tomatoes in thick puree
- 1/2 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 cup frozen petite peas
Heat oil in Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add onion and ginger, cover and cook 3 minutes. Reduce heat to medium.
Add curry powder and garlic, and cook 30 seconds, or until fragrant, stirring constantly. Add cauliflower and potatoes and cook, stirring often, 5 minutes, or until they soften.
Add tomatoes, 1/4 cup cilantro, 1/2 cup water and pinch of salt. Simmer, reduce heat, and cook, covered, 15 minutes, or until vegetables are tender. Stir in peas and remaining cilantro; cook, covered, 2 minutes, or until peas are tender.
- Calories: 176
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 6 g
- Sodium Content: 224 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g