Celery root and hearty toppings turn a simple slaw into a main-dish salad.
- 1/3 cup reduced-fat, egg-free mayonnaise, such as Vegenaise
- 3 Tbs. white balsamic vinegar
- 2 Tbs. Dijon mustard
- 2 tsp. sugar
- 1 1/2 lb. celeriac (celery root), peeled and coarsely shredded
- 2 small carrots, peeled and coarsely shredded (1 cup)
- 1 7-oz. pkg. maple bacon tempeh strips
- 1 romaine lettuce heart, leaves separated (7 oz.)
- 4 tsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1 avocado, diced
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Salad: Add celeriac and carrots to bowl with Dressing, and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
3. Cook tempeh strips according to package directions.
4. Toss romaine leaves with vinegar, and divide among plates. Top each bed of romaine with 3/4 cup celery mixture and 4 strips warm tempeh bacon. Sprinkle with diced avocado.
- Calories: 377
- Carbohydrate Content: 39 g
- Fat Content: 20 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 640 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g