Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Celery root and hearty toppings turn a simple slaw into a main-dish salad.
1. To make Dressing: Whisk together all ingredients in large bowl. Set aside.
2. To make Salad: Add celeriac and carrots to bowl with Dressing, and toss to coat. Set aside to marinate.
3. Cook tempeh strips according to package directions.
4. Toss romaine leaves with vinegar, and divide among plates. Top each bed of romaine with 3/4 cup celery mixture and 4 strips warm tempeh bacon. Sprinkle with diced avocado.
- Calories 377
- Carbohydrate Content 39 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 20 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 640 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g