When grated, celery root turns into crunchy strands that soak up a lemony dressing.
- 1 small celery root, peeled
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/2 cup reduced-fat mayonnaise or Vegenaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup toasted chopped walnuts
- 1/3 cup halved dried cranberries
1. Cut celery root into chunks, and coarsely grate or shred with food processor, hand grater, or mandoline. Transfer to bowl, and fold in parsley. Set aside.
2. Whisk together mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, and pepper in small bowl. Season with salt, if desired. Stir sauce into salad mixture, and fold in walnuts and cranberries. Serve immediately, or refrigerate up to two days. If salad seems too dry, add some warm water.
- Calories: 174
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 520 mg
- Sugar Content: 8 g