Onions, soy sauce, and sizzled garlic dress up chunks of grilled eggplant.
- 4 Chinese eggplants (2 lb.)
- 1 Tbs. peanut oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped (1 Tbs.)
- 1 Tbs. low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp. sugar
- 1 cup Spring Onion Oil
- 1 Tbs. Chile-Garlic Paste or sambal oelek chile sauce
1. Preheat grill or preheat oven to 400°F.
2. Grill eggplants whole or broil on baking sheet 8 to 10 minutes, turning several times, or until charred on all sides. Cool.
3. Heat oil in skillet over medium-low heat. Add garlic, and cook 1 minute, or until light brown. Transfer to paper towel to drain.
4. Stir together soy sauce and sugar in small bowl. Set aside.
5. Peel eggplants, and cut into chunks. Transfer to platter. Drizzle eggplant with soy sauce mixture and Spring Onion Oil, and dot with Chile-Garlic Paste. Top with sizzled garlic.
- Calories: 149
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Fat Content: 8 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 3 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 155 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g