Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This version of Welsh rabbit is made hearty with hard-boiled eggs. It makes a great Sunday night supper, especially when the pantry is (almost) bare.
1. Melt margarine in medium saucepan over medium heat. Stir in flour, and cook 1 minute, stirring constantly, or until mixture is bubbly but not browned. Whisk in mustard, then milk. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until sauce is thickened, whisking constantly.
2. Remove from heat, and whisk in cheese and Worcestershire sauce. Stir in chopped eggs, and season with salt and pepper, if desired. Reheat over low heat if necessary.
3. Arrange 3 toast triangles on each plate, and top each triangle with 3⁄4 cup egg mixture. Sprinkle with paprika, and serve.
- Calories 371
- Carbohydrate Content 34 g
- Cholesterol Content 229 mg
- Fat Content 16 g
- Fiber Content 5 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 6 g
- Sodium Content 527 mg
- Sugar Content 9 g