Heading out the door? Read this article on the new Outside+ app available now on iOS devices for members! Download the app.
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup whole or nonfat milk
- About 1/2 cup grated Romano cheese
Cream butter and flour until smooth. Add cheese and breadcrumbs. Blend in milk to form a smooth dough, adding more crumbs if the dough is too wet. Lay a large piece of plastic wrap on counter, and set dough on it. Cover with another piece of plastic. Roll dough out until it is about 18×8 inches. Chill till firm, about 1 hour.
Preheat oven to 400F. Spray a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray.
Use a sharp knife to cut dough into strips 4×1/4-inch thick. Arrange dough strips on baking sheet, and sprinkle with Romano cheese.
Bake until brown, for 20 to 25 minutes. Remove from oven, and store or serve.
- Calories 30
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 5 mg
- Fat Content 2 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 25 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g