Even in winter, you can find good cherry tomatoes—once known as love apples. They make perfect vessels for the sumptuous herbed goat cheese filling. Toss any leftover cheese mixture with hot pasta, or spread it on sandwiches.
- 1/2 cup nonfat or low-fat cottage cheese
- 1/4 lb. soft, fresh goat cheese
- 2 Tbs. plain nonfat yogurt
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs (such as parsley, tarragon, dill, and chives), or to taste
- 10 cherry tomatoes
- 10 small dill sprigs for garnish
Put cottage cheese and goat cheese in food processor fitted with steel blade, and purée until smooth. Add yogurt, and process 1 to 2 minutes more, or until very smooth. Scrape into bowl, and stir in herbs, salt and pepper. Set aside.
Cut off thin slice from top of each cherry tomato. Using small spoon, scoop out seeds and flesh from centers. Lightly salt insides of tomatoes, and invert on rack set in sink. Drain 5 to 10 minutes.
Spoon herbed cheese into each tomato, garnish with dill sprig and serve, or refrigerate until serving time.
- Calories: 220
- Carbohydrate Content: 9 g
- Cholesterol Content: 30 mg
- Fat Content: 12 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 19 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 450 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g