Mornings start off well with this flavorful frittata, which comes together very quickly.
- 2 tsp. low-fat margarine
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 1/2 cup diced red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup diced zucchini
- 2 small plum tomatoes, diced
- 1 Tbs. chopped fresh basil
- 1/2 cup liquid egg substitute
- 1/2 cup 1-percent cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup fat-free evaporated milk
- 3/4 oz. shredded low-fat Monterey Jack cheese
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Spray 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-low heat until hot. Melt margarine in skillet. Add onion, bell pepper and zucchini, and cook until vegetables are lightly browned, for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil and black pepper. Increase heat to medium, and cook until flavors blend, for 3 minutes more, and remove from heat.
3. Combine egg substitute, cottage cheese and milk in blender, and process until smooth. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cover, and cook over medium-low heat until bottom is set but top is still slightly runny, about 5 minutes.
4. Place skillet under broiler, and cook until top is set, for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and cook until cheese melts, for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Calories: 210
- Carbohydrate Content: 15 g
- Cholesterol Content: 10 mg
- Fat Content: 7 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 510 mg
- Sugar Content: 11 g