Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Mornings start off well with this flavorful frittata, which comes together very quickly.
1. Preheat broiler.
2. Spray 10-inch skillet with nonstick cooking spray. Heat skillet over medium-low heat until hot. Melt margarine in skillet. Add onion, bell pepper and zucchini, and cook until vegetables are lightly browned, for 5 to 7 minutes. Stir in tomatoes, basil and black pepper. Increase heat to medium, and cook until flavors blend, for 3 minutes more, and remove from heat.
3. Combine egg substitute, cottage cheese and milk in blender, and process until smooth. Pour egg mixture over vegetables. Cover, and cook over medium-low heat until bottom is set but top is still slightly runny, about 5 minutes.
4. Place skillet under broiler, and cook until top is set, for 2 to 3 minutes. Sprinkle with cheese, and cook until cheese melts, for 2 to 3 minutes more. Remove from oven, and serve.
- Calories 210
- Carbohydrate Content 15 g
- Cholesterol Content 10 mg
- Fat Content 7 g
- Fiber Content 2 g
- Protein Content 21 g
- Saturated Fat Content 2 g
- Sodium Content 510 mg
- Sugar Content 11 g