Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This is not quite a soufflé and not exactly an omelet—in either case, it is a great way to practice your egg-whisking skills.
1. In small bowl, beat egg yolks with fork and season with salt and pepper.
2. Whisk egg whites using hand or stand mixer until soft but not stiff peaks form.
3. Heat butter and oil in 7-inch omelet pan or skillet over medium-high heat. Using plastic spatula, fold egg yolks into whites, adding half the cheese.
4. Pour egg mixture into pan and cook about 2 minutes. Sprinkle with remaining cheese, reduce heat to medium-low, and cook until eggs are set and cheese is melted. Fold omelet soufflé onto plate.
- Calories 380
- Carbohydrate Content 2 g
- Cholesterol Content 385 mg
- Fat Content 31 g
- Fiber Content 0 g
- Protein Content 24 g
- Saturated Fat Content 16 g
- Sodium Content 460 mg
- Sugar Content 0 g