Deep-red cherries bubbling under a sweet, fragrant, pistachio-flecked topping make individual crisps especially festive. Serve warm topped with ice cream, whipped cream, or Greek yogurt and a sprinkle of chopped pistachios.
- 2 10-oz. bags frozen sweet cherries
- 3 Tbs. maple syrup, divided
- 2 tsp arrowroot powder
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 3 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/8 tsp. almond extract
- 1 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded dried coconut
- 1/3 cup almond meal
- 1/4 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup gluten-free oat flour, sifted
- 1/4 tsp. sea salt
- 1/4 cup melted extra virgin coconut oil
- 1/2 cup raw pistachios, roughly chopped, plus more for garnish
1 | Preheat oven to 375°F. Arrange eight 1/2-cup ramekins on baking sheet.
2 | Toss together cherries, 2 Tbs. maple syrup, arrowroot powder, orange zest,2 tsp. vanilla extract, cinnamon, and almond extract in medium bowl. Fill each ramekin with generous 1/3 cup cherry mixture, and set aside.
3 | Toss together oats, coconut, almond meal, coconut sugar, oat flour, and salt in medium bowl. Stir in oil, remaining 1 Tbs. maple syrup, and remaining 1 tsp. vanilla extract. Add pistachios, and stir until combined. Top each ramekin with 1/4 cup pistachio mixture.
4 | Bake 20 to 25 minutes, or until crisps bubble around edges and tops are golden.
- Calories: 300
- Carbohydrate Content: 37 g
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 5 g
- Protein Content: 5 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 9 g
- Sodium Content: 67 mg
- Sugar Content: 23 g