Tomatoes are baked with summer squash under a blanket of crispy breadcrumbs.
- 3 Tbs. butter or margarine
- 1 1/4 cups fresh breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs. finely chopped parsley
- 1 small yellow onion, chopped (1 cup)
- 1/2 lb. small yellow crookneck squash, diced (2 cups)
- 3 cups cherry tomatoes
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 1/2 cup grated Swiss or Gruyère cheese
1. Preheat oven to 400°F. Spray 9-inch square baking dish with cooking spray.
2. Heat butter in skillet over medium heat until melted. Pour 2 Tbs. butter over breadcrumbs in bowl. Stir in parsley.
3. Return skillet to burner, and increase heat to medium-high. Add onion, and cook 7 to 9 minutes, or until beginning to brown. Stir in squash, and cook 4 minutes. Add tomatoes and garlic, and cook 2 minutes more, or until tomatoes are warmed through. Season with salt, if desired. Transfer mixture to prepared baking dish. Sprinkle cheese on top. Spread breadcrumb mixture over cheese. Bake 30 to 35 minutes, or until golden and bubbling. Serve hot.
- Calories: 215
- Carbohydrate Content: 18 g
- Cholesterol Content: 35 mg
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 3 g
- Protein Content: 7 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 8 g
- Sodium Content: 187 mg
- Sugar Content: 7 g