Dress up this brunch dish with sprinkles of freshly ground black pepper, and pair it with accompaniments such as sliced papaya and spiced tomato juice.
- 1/3 cup fine cornmeal
- 3 extra-large eggs
- 1 lb. low-fat ricotta cheese
- 3 Tbs. cornstarch
- 4 oz. crumbled chevre cheese
- 1 bunch scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp. cayenne, or to taste
- 3 Tbs. minced parsley for garnish
Preheat oven to 425F. Spray 9-inch round baking pan or pie plate with nonstick cooking spray. Sprinkle with cornmeal.
In mixing bowl, beat eggs until light and foamy. Stir in ricotta, cornstarch, chèvre cheese and half of sliced scallions. Season mixture with cayenne, salt and pepper. Pour into prepared pan.
Bake about 15 minutes at 425F. Increase temperature to 450F, and bake 8 to 10 minutes more, or until just set and slightly golden. Remove from oven, sprinkle with remaining scallions and parsley and serve.
- Calories: 390
- Carbohydrate Content: 22 g
- Cholesterol Content: 275 mg
- Fat Content: 24 g
- Fiber Content: 1 g
- Protein Content: 22 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 14 g
- Sodium Content: 810 mg
- Sugar Content: 5 g