A dense treat with chocolate, dried fruit, and nuts.
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds, toasted
- 1/2 cup shelled toasted pistachios, chopped
- 8 dates, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped dried apricots
- 1/2 cup chopped dried figs
- 1/2 cup dried cherries
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup fine whole-wheat breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbs. unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest, dried
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. grated nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 3/4 cup agave nectar
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 Tbs. vegetable oil
1. Preheat oven to 300°F. Coat 9-inch-square pan with cooking spray, and line with parchment paper. Spray again.
2. Combine almonds, pistachios, dates, apricots, figs, cherries, flour, breadcrumbs, cocoa, orange zest, cinnamon, nutmeg, allspice, and salt in bowl.
3. Bring agave nectar and sugar to a boil in saucepan. Reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer 10 minutes. Stir oil, then agave nectar mixture into fruit-and-nut mixture. Transfer to prepared pan, and smooth top. Bake 50 minutes, or until mixture is done on sides but still soft in centerit will firm up completely once it cools. Cool, then cover with foil, and let rest overnight. Unmold, remove parchment, and cut into squares.
- Calories: 98
- Carbohydrate Content: 20 g
- Fat Content: 2 g
- Fiber Content: 2 g
- Protein Content: 1 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 9 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g