As simple as combining a few ingredients in a bowl and refrigerating overnight, Bircher muesli is the go-to choice for a nutritious, quick-and-delicious breakfast.
Want more easy vegetarian recipes right at your fingertips? Check out the new Vegetarian Times Recipe Collection with more than 3,700 recipes and loads of nutrition tips and cooking tricks!
- 3/4 cup regular rolled oats
- 3/4 cup almond milk, plus more for serving
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1/2 cup (packed) grated apple
- 2 Tbs. golden raisins
- 1 Tbs. chia seeds
- 1/2 cup fresh berries or sliced summer fruit
- 2 Tbs. chopped walnuts Pure maple syrup, optional
Stir together oats, ¾ cup almond milk, orange juice, apple, and raisins in medium bowl. Fold in chia seeds. Cover, and refrigerate overnight.
Serve topped with berries and walnuts, and drizzled with almond milk and maple syrup (if using).
- Calories: 293
- Carbohydrate Content: 46 g
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 9 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 0.5 g
- Sodium Content: 71 mg
- Sugar Content: 16 g