Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Dimple Bhatia, of Toronto, dedicates herself to making traditional Indian recipes passed down through her family. She’s compiling her favorites—including this bright beet salad—for a vegetarian cookbook in progress. Look for tart-and-spicy mango powder in Indian grocery stores.
1. Cook beets in large pot of boiling water 20 minutes, or until tender but not mushy. Drain, and rinse under cold water. Peel skins, and cut into small cubes.
2. Whisk together oil, lime juice, and mango powder, if using, in small bowl.
3. Combine chickpeas with chopped beet greens and beet cubes in large bowl. Mix in dressing, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Calories 166
- Carbohydrate Content 27 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 4 g
- Fiber Content 7 g
- Protein Content 8 g
- Saturated Fat Content 0.5 g
- Sodium Content 254 mg
- Sugar Content 7 g