The hearty 3/4 cup serving of chickpeas in this salad packs about 11 grams of protein and 9 grams of fiber. Artichoke hearts, tomatoes, and baby arugula add a rainbow of antioxidants, including lycopene, beta-carotene, and vitamin C.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas or 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 6-oz. jar water-packed artichoke hearts, rinsed, drained, and sliced
- 1/2 cup small pear or grape tomatoes, halved or quartered
- 1/3 cup chopped pitted kalamata olives, optional
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh parsley
1/4 cup prepared balsamic vinaigrette or Lemon-Basil Vinaigrette
- 2-3 drops sriracha sauce
- 2 cups baby arugula
- 1 oz. crumbled feta cheese, optional
1. Toss together chickpeas, artichoke hearts, tomatoes, olives (if using), and parsley in bowl.
2. Season vinaigrette with sriracha. Toss chickpea mixture with vinaigrette, then stir in arugula and feta, if using. Season with salt and pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1 1/2 c
- Calories: 345
- Carbohydrate Content: 43 g
- Cholesterol Content: 13 mg
- Fat Content: 15 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 13 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 749 mg
- Sugar Content: 9 g