Never had raw beet in a sandwich? This panini will have you hooked.
- 1 1/2 cups cooked chickpeas, or 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. vegan mayonnaise
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 1 tsp. chopped fresh tarragon
- 8 slices sesame semolina bread (8 oz.)
- 1 medium golden beet, peeled and sliced
- 1 Granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup broccoli or radish sprouts
- 4 Tbs. prepared black olive tapenade
1. Pulse chickpeas, mayonnaise, lemon juice, and tarragon in food processor until chunky.
2. Spread chickpea mixture on 4 bread slices. Top with beet and apple slices, and sprouts. Spread remaining 4 bread slices with tapenade; close sandwiches.
3. Spray panini with cooking spray. Coat skillet or grill pan with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Place panini in pan; weight with smaller-diameter saucepan weighted with 2 cans. Cook 3 minutes. Flip, replace weight, and cook 2 minutes. (Or cook 4 minutes in panini maker.)
- Calories: 388
- Carbohydrate Content: 57 g
- Fat Content: 14 g
- Fiber Content: 8 g
- Protein Content: 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 749 mg
- Sugar Content: 10 g