Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
Whole chickpeas give these sautéed croquettes a hearty texture.
1. To make Topping: Toss together cucumber, tomatoes, green onions, lemon juice, and oil in bowl. Gently stir in feta crumbles. Season with salt and pepper, if desired, and set aside.
2. To make Croquettes: Whisk together chickpea flour, cumin, chili powder, and salt in bowl. Whisk in ¾ cup hot water. Stir in remaining ingredients, and season with salt and pepper, if desired.
3. Coat nonstick skillet with cooking spray; heat over medium heat. Scoop 4¼-cup dollops of chickpea mixture into skillet, and reduce heat to medium-low. Cook 3 to 4 minutes, or until golden. Flip with spatula, and cook 3 to 4 minutes more. Repeat with remaining chickpea mixture. Serve each Croquette topped with ¼ cup Topping.
- Calories 314
- Carbohydrate Content 45 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 11 g
- Fiber Content 9 g
- Protein Content 12 g
- Saturated Fat Content 1 g
- Sodium Content 534 mg
- Sugar Content 6 g