Ready in minutes, this lunch salad can be dressed up with a little cranberry sauce or chutney to give it some holiday flavor. Serve over a bed of greens, in lettuce wraps, or in a pita or sprouted-bread sandwich. The dressing works well on other sandwiches too, so you might want to double the recipe to have some on hand.
- 1 cup plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- 1 Tbs. lemon juice
- 11/2 tsp. curry powder, or more to taste
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper, optional
- 2 15-oz. cans chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 red apple, diced (1 cup)
- 2 stalks celery, diced (1/2 cup)
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup raisins
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced (1/4 cup)
- 1/4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 2 lemon wedges, for serving
1 | To make Dressing: whisk together yogurt, lemon juice, curry powder, and cayenne (if using) in small bowl.
2 | To make Salad: Toss together chickpeas, apple, celery, parsley, raisins, green onions, and walnuts in large bowl. Gently fold in Dressing. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Serve with lemon wedges.
- Calories: 366
- Carbohydrate Content: 56 g
- Cholesterol Content: 3 mg
- Fat Content: 10 g
- Fiber Content: 12 g
- Protein Content: 18 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 1 g
- Sodium Content: 348 mg
- Sugar Content: 22 g