This chickpea-avocado mash makes a great sandwich spread as well. Because the fat content of taco shells can vary, look for brands that contain approximately 6 grams or fewer per shell.
- 1 avocado, peeled, pitted, and diced
- 1 15-oz. can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 3 Tbs. chopped cilantro
- 4 tsp. fresh lime juice
- 1 clove garlic, minced (1 tsp.)
- 8 corn taco shells
- 2 cups baby salad greens
- 1 cup prepared salsa (medium or hot)
- 1/2 cup nondairy sour cream
1. Place avocado in small bowl, and mash with fork. Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
2. Set taco shells in napkin-lined basket. Place salad greens, salsa, and sour cream in separate bowls, and set out alongside chickpea-avocado mash.
3. To serve, let each person build their own taco by filling each shell with ¼ cup chickpea-avocado mash, some greens, salsa, and sour cream.
- Calories: 402
- Carbohydrate Content: 51 g
- Fat Content: 19 g
- Fiber Content: 10 g
- Protein Content: 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 4 g
- Sodium Content: 800 mg
- Sugar Content: 2 g