Get access to everything we publish when you sign up for Outside+ Join today!.
This chickpea-avocado mash makes a great sandwich spread as well. Because the fat content of taco shells can vary, look for brands that contain approximately 6 grams or fewer per shell.
1. Place avocado in small bowl, and mash with fork. Stir in chickpeas, cilantro, lime juice, and garlic; season with salt and pepper.
2. Set taco shells in napkin-lined basket. Place salad greens, salsa, and sour cream in separate bowls, and set out alongside chickpea-avocado mash.
3. To serve, let each person build their own taco by filling each shell with ¼ cup chickpea-avocado mash, some greens, salsa, and sour cream.
- Calories 402
- Carbohydrate Content 51 g
- Cholesterol Content 0 mg
- Fat Content 19 g
- Fiber Content 10 g
- Protein Content 11 g
- Saturated Fat Content 4 g
- Sodium Content 800 mg
- Sugar Content 2 g