Green up your sandwich with a variation on chicken Parmesan. For an extra-cheesy version, melt tablespoon shredded low-fat mozzarella on top of each patty during the last minute of baking.
- 8 oz. broccoli florets, cut in 1/2-inch pieces (3 cups)
- 4 cloves garlic, minced, divided (4 tsp.)
- 1 Tbs. olive oil
- 3/4 tsp Italian seasoning, divided
- 1 15-oz. can fire-roasted tomatoes with garlic, juices drained
- 2 Tbs. juices reserved
- 4 Quorn Chikn Patties
- 1/4 cup low-fat ricotta cheese
- 1 Tbs. finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 8-oz. sourdough baguette, split lengthwise
1 Preheat oven to 425°F. Line two baking sheets with foil, and coat with cooking spray.
2 Toss together broccoli, 3 tsp. garlic, oil, ½ tsp. Italian seasoning, and drained tomatoes in medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper, if desired. Spread mixture on one prepared baking sheet. Arrange patties on second baking sheet. Bake broccoli mixture 15 minutes. Bake Chik’n 18 to 20 minutes, flipping halfway through baking time.
3 Combine ricotta, Parmesan, remaining 1 tsp. garlic, remaining ¼ tsp. Italian seasoning, and 2 Tbs. reserved-tomato juices in small bowl, and set aside.
4 Spread ricotta mixture on interior of baguette, and warm 1 minute directly on oven rack. Spread ½ cup broccoli mixture on bottom half of baguette, follow with layer of 4 Chik’n Patties, and place top half of baguette on top.
Cut into 4 equal subs.
- Calories: 330
- Carbohydrate Content: 44 g
- Cholesterol Content: 6 mg
- Fat Content: 11 g
- Fiber Content: 6 g
- Protein Content: 17 g
- Saturated Fat Content: 2 g
- Sodium Content: 814 mg
- Sugar Content: 6 g